This brass cabinet face plate is one of the most simple and elegant we have come across. It's called a "button and zipper" plate, as the two rings resemble buttons on a fancy suit, and the bolt is held permanently in place to lock and unlock the cabinet like a zipper.
When installing this piece note that the two vertical clasps that hold the sliding bolt in place have different size notches underneath; one keeps the bolt from escaping and one lets it slide back and forth. It's an ingenious and practical way to keep the slide bolt from ever getting lost.
- Total assembled measurement is 6.3"W x 6.3"H x 0.71"D (160mm x 160mm x 18mm)
- Pull measurement is 1.18"W x 1.18"H x 0.2"D (30mm x 30mm x 5mm)
- Boring distance (distance between attachment points) meausres 1.46" (37mm)
- Total length of the key measures 2.8" (71mm). Post section of the key meausres 2.2" (57mm). Post diameter measures 0.6" (15mm)
- Includes a set of 0.6" (15mm) nails and a set of 1.5" (37mm) screws